THIS DOCUMENT IS INTENDED FOR INFORMATION
THIS IS NOT A CERTIFICATION OF TRAINING.
NOTE: THIS CHECKLIST
IS FOR DISCUSSION PURPOSES ONLY. COMPANY EMPLOYEES
TRAINING ARE TO VERBALLY ADDRESS EACH CHECKLIST ITEM
WITH THE INDIVIDUAL
TRAINING. AT THE CONCLUSION OF THE TRAINING, THE
TRAINEE WILL BE ASKED
IF HE OR SHE HAS ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS. THE PERSON
GIVING THE TRAINING
ENSURE THE TRAINEE IS THOROUGHLY FAMILIAR WITH THE
HAZARDS HE OR SHE MAY
ENCOUNTER AND HOW TO AVOID THOSE HAZARDS.
Hazard Recognition and
all access road signs, put your cb-radio on the correct used channel,
to the mine
or guard shack , get your HAZARD TRAINING before you go anywhere else
1. All persons on mine property are required to follow directions of
the company official in charge.
2. Yield the right-of-way to larger andlor loaded vehicles.
3. Be alert for mobile equipment movement. Equipment operators vision
is limited. Be prepared to move quickly to a safe position.
4. Do not attempt to mount or dismount from moving vehicles
5. Obey all warning signs, traffic signs and other signs posted on
6. Low, medium, and high-voltage electrical circuits are present
Avoid contact with these sources as all represent potential sources of
7. Repairs shall not be performed on equipment or machinery until power
is turned off and equipment or machinery is securely blocked.
8. All vendors, supply delivery personnel, and other visitors shall
check-in with the appropriate company official when they arrive on mine
9. When necessary for personnel to be near a highwall, visual
shall be made for loose or hazardous material prior to entering and
working in the area.
10, All compressed-gas cylinders, full or empty, shall be kept secured
and in an upright position. The caps shall be secured over the valves
the tanks when not in use. Gauges shall be disconnected and the caps
before transporting the cylinders.
Emergency & Evacuation
1. First-aid supplies are provided at strategic locations on the mine
2. Fire-fighting equipment is located on mobile equipment and at other
strategic locations on mine property.
3. The fire andlor emergency signal is a continuous sounding of a horn
or other audible alarm.
Heatth & Safety Standards
1. Hard hats and hard-toe footwear are required on the mine property.
2. Eye protection shall be worn when there is a danger of injury to
the eyes from flying particles or materials.
3. The use or possession of alcoholic beverages or illegal dwgs on
mine property is strictly prohibited.
4. No person shall ride or otherwise be transported on any piece of
equipment that is not designed for that purpose.
5. No person shall engage in horseplay, practical jokes, fighting or
other activities that could cause bodily injury to property damage.
6. Unauthorized persons shall not operate equipment or
Respiratory Devices - Hearing
1. Respiratory and
hearing protection devices will be
issued on request.